Casino blackjack rules, wins and strategies
Blackjack is a popular casino game which is widely played both online and offline. The basics of the game are more than easy to learn. Let’s find out what are the main casino blackjack rules, payouts and strategy types.
Casino blackjack rules: how to play the game?
Blackjack is played with 8 52-card decks. The main purpose for gambler is to beat the dealer. It happens when player has a better card combination. The best possible result is called “blackjack”. It means the gambler received a natural win by getting 21 pints. It’s possible when you have Ace and any other card that costs 10 points.
Every card in the deck has its own value:
- Ace will deliver 1 or 11 points depending on your hand;
- all the pictures and 10 will add 10 points to your hand;
- numbers are evaluated according to the digit on their face.
Every combination that is 22 or more automatically loses the round. Standard wins pay even money in the game. Blackjack will deliver prize with 3 to 2 ratio. Insurance side bet pays 2 to 1, but it can be no bigger than half of initial wager. Insurance is offered when the dealer’s face-up card is Ace. You win on this wager when the dealer has blackjack and you lose the standard bet.
According to blackjack casino rules, the round starts when you make your bet. Then 2 cards are dealt to both gambler and dealer. One of the dealer’s cards is face up, while the second is face down. Then the player has several options:
- Hit. One additional card is dealt and you can get more, if you want.
- Stand. Nothing happens. You just wait for dealer’s turn.
- Double. Your bet becomes twice bigger and only one card is dealt.
- Split. You can split the hand and get two independent ones if the initial hand has a pair or 2 cards that cost 10 points.
The round ends when both parties show what they have.
Casino blackjack rules: how to win in online blackjack?
Your goal in the game is to beat the dealer. Follow these tips to do that:
- You should generally hit when you have 15 points or less. Score from 16 to 17 is appropriate for both “Hit” and “stand” option depending on dealer’s face-up card and the amount of risk you’re ready to take. When you have 18 or more, always stand.
- Consider casino blackjack rules for card drawing to know exactly what you can expect from dealer.
- Manage your bankroll wisely. Don’t bet too much at the beginning of the game session.
- Insurance is not the best option to choose. With this bet you’ll generally just lose more.
- “Double” option is good when your initial hand is equal to 9 – 11 points.
There are lots of blackjack types to choose from and it’ll be wise to select one with the lowest house edge. It will increase your chances to win.